Sunday, January 16, 2011

Police Arrest Arizona Shooting Victim After Tea Party Member Threatened. Sad, he could have made a powerful point

I'm disgusted that Mr. Fuller threatened this man with 'your dead', especially after the shootings. Mr. Fuller could have made an incredible statement, in a non-violent tone, in pointing out that this is another Tea Party member who is wanting to quite the conversation before it even gets started. This is the perfect time to be having this conversation. We are NOT being irreverent or callus in our conversation or applause. We're motivated, we're coming together, we are trying to comfort one-another. I for one am tired of the party of NO. And I'm sorry, but the Tea Party members need to be ready to engage the other side, be open to conversation, be open to other's ideas. We all need this to move forward......Lean Forward!

Amplify’d from

Police Arrest Arizona Shooting Victim After Tea Party Member Threatened

Police arrested one of the victims of the Arizona shooting after he reportedly threatened a tea party leader at an ABC News town hall event in Tucson on Saturday.

James Eric Fuller, 63, was arrested and ultimately taken for a psychiatric evaluation after the incident in which he threatened Tucson tea party co-founder Trent Humphries at a special edition of ABC's "This Week" with Christiane Amanpour.

Fuller, who apparently objected to something Humphries said during the taped forum, used a cell phone to take a picture of him and allegedly shouted "You're dead," according to the Pima County Sheriff's Department.

KGUN-TV in Tucson reported that Fuller was in the front row at the event, and that he apparently became upset when Humphries suggested that conversations about gun control should be delayed until all the dead were buried.

According to Pima County sheriff's spokesman Jason Ogan, Fuller was arrested on misdemeanor disorderly conduct and threat charges.

Authorities decided that Fuller was in need of a mental evaluation as they escorted him off of the premises, and he was taken to a local hospital. The hospital will determine when he will be released, Ogan said.


No comments:

Post a Comment